Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Steven Gerrard

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Rekmar polycounter lvl 19
if anyone saw my previous thread about the soccer player, this is how it's going. I decided to go on Steven Gerrard (was going to do Ballack before, but I changed my mind).

It's a work in progress. Only the boots, socks and legs are normalmapped so far (I would call those sections as done but crits could be good). The head texture isn't finished but it's getting there, just forget about the neck for now

ok I'll shut up now. pic:
http://geocities.com/rekmar11/gerrard1.jpg

oh yeah textures, uses a 512x512 for the clothes, a 256x256 for the head, a 256x256 for the boots, and a 256x256 for the body together (hands, arms, leg skin).
they are split like this because they were for a game and needed to be changed from the others for different players.

this -was- intended for a game but it was cancelled (don't you hate people who don't know what they want?) - the project changed into an overhead shooter and my pay wouldn't come till two weeks more and it was going to be crap anyway so I left the team. So the model is useless, but I guess it will do a nice portfolio piece so I decided to finish it (and since every modeller job post I see nowadays requires normalmapping abilities, I decided to do that too).

Replies