Polycount - Generals - [Belltann]

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Belltann polycounter lvl 17
Hail...
They say im not human..
But thats not relevant...
Only death is surten..
So come and give me the one ting that is true..
Ill be waiting...

Im a firsttimer, on polycount and challenges in general, so well see how it goes smile.gif

I thought about doing something speciall (haha, who doesnt...) so the ideas I put together for this character was:

A lonesome, deathseeking, sociopathic, psycho. The sort of character that was good some way down the road, but things turned really messy and changed him into the monster he is today.

He wants nothing more than to die in combat, against a worthy opponent. Thats wy he travels the galaxie looking for the one who can give him death. Nothingells is relevant. But because of his skills in the deadly arts, none have succeded to kill him...

He despise firearms, because he wants to his killer in the eyes when he dies. Thats wy he only uses his body and his twohanded weapon. He wears no armour, bare as much flesh as possible, have bells in his hair and eyefold so that his foe may have a chans.

Consept will come up soon..

...So, brothers and sisters.. Lets head for war and evoke the silent screams of the deathchorus!

Replies

• Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Her is my first consept.
    Enjoy! smile.gif
    Polycountcopy.jpg
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    well, certainly ominous, isn't he? let's see a concept rather than a teaser! smile.gif
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Gauss!

Haha sorry about that. smile.gif I can have a hard time building up creative energi so i just thought that some "teaser" could be good. smile.gif Real consepts will be up soon.

Until then..

Polycountcopy_2.jpg
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like Thor but remember, that guy can't hold his hammer without his power bracelets and belt.

And admit it, you took the bells in his hair from Zaraki Kenpachi tongue.gif.
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k:

Ha ha, Damn! wink.gif

I got allot of inspiration from Zaraki. A raw and unpolished soul is really intressting, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll manage to capture one in this character.

And yeah...Im gonna give him a kickass-belt for christmas. smile.gif
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    less yakkin' and dark silhouettes, more concepts! smile.gif
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes sir!

WIP coming straight up Warchief!

Polycountcopy_3.jpg
  • Jhotun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jhotun polycounter lvl 18
    This guy with a big hammer and the rastafari way will do some serious damage to the cgchatters!

Maybe the lack or armor or things on the body will require a damn good body, but for sure you will do it smile.gif

Keep it up!
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jhotun:

Thanks man! smile.gif My hammer will join yours soon in the skull-krushing-fiesta. wink.gif

An update. I dont like the eyefold, but I have to go to bed...

Polycountcopy_4.jpg
  • Jhotun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jhotun polycounter lvl 18
    Yeahhhh, hammers will sing the deadly song of the five thousand polys in our bloody festival!
    Keep it up man!
  • drizs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    drizs polycounter lvl 17
    Fuck yeah. Love your concept mate.. I look forward to the onslaught wink.gif
  • naruSol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    naruSol polycounter lvl 18
    I like the face, but the beads should have some variation, perhaps look at southwest native beadwork and get an actual design going on there. Im thinking a white base with red and other warm colors fo the design. should bring out the white eyes nicely. Hard to say much more without seeing the body though.
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drizs:
    The same..the same smile.gif

naruSol:
    Thanks for the idea. smile.gif I will try it out at once!
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update!

Warchief.jpg

As usual with my computor graphic programs, they allways crash...So this i all i could scavange from the wreckage. Will have to redo the beads again frown.gif
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    this is a great piece, it's really starting to turn out - but i'd suggest spending your effort more wisely

Belltann, i'd work out the scope of the design entirely and begin working on individual elements of your design, such as armor, weapons, pouches, uniform, etc. to get a full picture of your design. working on a portrait seems like exhausting valuable effort. i'd suggest trying to focus on the design at this point in time rather than going for a well polished piece.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    kp's right on the money. while this does look like it's shaping up to be a very nice piece, it's coming at the wrong point in the design process. a portrait like that should come last, not immediately following the silhouette. develop the guy's whole look/colors/weapons/etc. first, and then you can come back to developing a portrait like this. not to discourage, because this has been a strong effort, but you should probably come back to this one a bit later on. good work!
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im really greatfull for the reminder. Sometimes its really easy to lose focus..Get easily carried away when the workflow flows as it should. smile.gif

Warchief_2.jpg

Warchief_consept_2.jpg
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    heeey, now we're talking. you've got an eye for interesting detail and appealing color schemes. that's also an unusual costume top design. i'm looking forward to seeing how you differentiate the different materials here, i think this could really be a sumptuous looking design by the end of it.
  • CMB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CMB polycounter lvl 18
    Try to put more purple and green in your color pallete.
    They mix very good with both each other and brown and black.
    The rest is looking great.
    Maybe you can make the hammer into a launcher waepon? You put the shell/rocket into the top of the heavy side,put it on your shoulders and fire from the handle?
    Just some crazy idea...
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gauss:

Hehe thanks man. smile.gif He looks kinda friendly for a person who travels the galaxie and only cares about death...Have to do something about that. I gonna trash him up a bit to get that sociopathic feel. Maby give him some kind of baggy pants...

CMB:

Hi! Ill do that smile.gif Haha thats one hell of an idea but this monster really loves the cracking/moshy sounds the body makes when he turn it to pulp. So Melee it is. smile.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like what you have going! You kind of have jamacian voodoo theme mixed with hints of native american. I would further expand the native warchief look by maybe giving him a native american headress one of those bone chest plates and add in more voodoo like shrunken heads and skulls of his enemies hanging from the headress? Maybe some scary white face paint?

ref and visual suggestions

Awesome stuff keep it up!
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vig:

Hail! I had plans for some more tatoos or flesh jewelry, but nativeinpired facepaints sounds really good. Thanks for the references smile.gif. Will experiment with some intresting accessories that will give him some more character. But I feel that you, polycount brothers/sisters, pull me in the right direction. laugh.gif
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its bloddy frustating when school interferce with my evil contruction plans...cheeses. frown.gif
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message