Home Technical Talk

3d painter

Clos3d
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Clos3d polycounter lvl 17
hey there, I'm currently looking for a 3d painter. I'm kinda curious of the result that can give something painted directly on the mesh and something quicker to fix those seems^^.
I know there is Deepaint 3d but i'd like some other suggestion from you guys before I spend some times on learning a software.

Thanks for help=)

Replies

• CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    Blender can do it though it lacks tools like smudge. It's still good for basic painting though.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    Body paint, unreal painter(that thing they sent along with ut2k4)

theres a 3d paint option in maya. artisn or sommat. I forget the name but i used it all the time when i worked at turbine.

Polyboost is a plugin for max that allows basic tool work in max viewport.

there's also deep paint.

zbrush has a plugin called zapp that allows the same functionality as deep paint, its also a++ and i suggest it above all else. Zbrush makes me hot.

I know there are a few more but i'm still working and i dont care to think no mo'. That's all baby.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I love polyboost. I wouldn't reccomend using the projection painter for your whole model, but to fix seams it's perfect. There's a trial version, so if you just need to fix something up real quick, it's right there for you. I love it, because I don't have to mess with anything outside of Max or Photoshop, and it updates everything in real-time.
  • James Edwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    James Edwards polycounter lvl 18
    Modo 201 will have 3d painting capabilities as well - scheduled to ship this March I think. If you have a bit of time to wait before purchasing, might want to give the demo a spin when it gets released. There are some preview vids available at www.luxology.com, as well as in their forums. Every friday they release new teaser vids of the features that will be in Modo 201. There's some painting vids in some of those threads.

http://forums.luxology.com/discussion/forum.aspx?id=2
  • Clos3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks a ton folks, really appreciate the help. Since I'm going to a Zbrush training next week and get the program, I guess i'll be playing around with it.

Might gonne try a few demo around. I'll make a little of my tought.

Thanks
  • Clos3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tryed polyboost. Is indeed kind of cool but nothing really essencial. The painting tool in it is the worst. It create some kind of 1pixel gap every 25X25 pixel. Easy to take it out but kinda annoying. I don't know if others do that. will try