Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zly

Piotr Słomowicz
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Piotr Słomowicz polycounter lvl 17
New account since I forgot name and email of my previous one.

Anyway this is not for any game but still character is a character so im just showing off.

By the way any news about Q4 models. Anyone tried that. Any tutorials/info on the subject ?

zly1.jpg
zly2.jpg
zly3.jpg

Replies

• Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Great model man, this is some very high quality work. I love his devious grin. Welcome (back) to polycount. This guy would make a great normal mapped character. You could probably bake out his color/spec/normal all in one go with fairly little work.

Also in case you don't know horribly mispronounced slang, Ghost Riders post means "tight" but said with a crunky twang.

poop.gif
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    wowowow cool. only suggestion would be to make the hooves more like pig trotters. Love the belly armour!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Very cool. Love the overall look of it, very consistent texturing and good colour choices.
    My only (tiny, tiny) crit is that those 3 skulls on his front are identical. Everything else is great.

Keep it up smile.gif
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    hey there,welcome back to PC!!

I dig the charcter and the porpotions,but i don't like the metal textures.

Just an opinion but to me the metal looks over exagerated and bumpy,almost like concorete,it also blends in with his skin textures and should perhaps be abit smoother.

Apart from that,you have a tight peice of work there.

john
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    holy crap its swoma!!!

lol ok this is cool overall but the muscles are really blobby, you should take this into zbrush and sculpt some of those muscles out, get some more defined shapes.

also lower the spec on the flesh, right now it looks about as shiny as that metal, it almost looks as if the guy is made out of the same material.
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    bag.jpg

This bag would be fairly annoying if he ever has to run anywhere since it would get thrown all over the place.
    Maybe you could place it higher up, hanging under the armor around his middle.
    Good character and cool texturing, except on the skulls which seems a bit out of place, almost like they have more texturespace due to the harshness of that overlay.
    Also:

whatspikes.jpg
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    very nicey done, my only complaint is that I am finding it hard to read. too much noise for my liking.
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    pretty cool, the skin shader doesnt look good. At the moment it looks fairly similiar to the effect your have on the metal - which makes the skin feel plastic. I also think his flesh needs to be broken up with more variation in the texture.. have softer looking flesh in some area's and then the rough detailed in others imho.
    I'd also suggest if you take your render and desaturate it, you will see that all the values are very similair.. I think the character would work better if you increased the brightness of the flesh - which would create greater contrast to the peice. Did you use a spec power map to control the specular falloff? it would really help push the difference between all the materials.
    Good stuff, but you can still take it up a few notches smile.gif
  • MackXX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MackXX polycounter lvl 17
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    specular man!

but seriously, some of the spec needs to be toned down, it's far too busy on the eye. I'd go for removing the spec map on the skin, completely.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    holy @##$%! thats an awesome model! would it be possible to see the maps? or a wire of the creature with and without armor?
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Holy crap dude..friggin awsome work.
  • Piotr Słomowicz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piotr Słomowicz polycounter lvl 17
    M'kay, so many people were yelling specular I decided to lower it.
    So F5.

Textures - sorry nope. They all equal to two textures 4096px and multiply it by 3 (spec,color,bump) and you will understand why. Besides they don't look interesting at all unlike the old fashioned game textures which are great to look at.

And the wires I kinda overwrote with these images. The cage is 60k polies. And im too lazy to make new one.

But here are poly renders if you haven't seen em yet. There are more on my site (www.piotronline.com).

Oh and the black spikes accident...it never happened.

zly9.jpg
    zly7.jpg