Home General Discussion

Thats it, i fucking quit! (maybe)

Toomas
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Toomas polycounter lvl 18
Havnt smoked in 3 days and it sucks. First of all i feel like a zombie and then there is this agression building up inside for no apparent reason. Its like im so angry that i want to laugh ie if i started to yell at someone i would end up laughing and they would think 'wtf is wrong with him?'.
Oh and during the first day i had this urge to drop on the floor and start shakeing, it was like my brain tought it would help but i doubt that it would have.

Oh well but i guess thats what you get for smokeing 8 or 9 years.

Replies

• Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    trying to go cold turkey? try the patch or nicotine gum.

smoked back when I was 13/14 and gave it up before I ever got addicted.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Every time you get the urge, drop and do 20 push-ups. You'll be huge. As for the rest of you without urges, just do them on the hour.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    cholden: can't, slight problem with muscular dystrophy which doesn't allow such activities.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Good luck, Toomas. I smoked for 12 years, and quit back in March of this year. I went cold turkey, and used the nicotine patch for any super severe cravings. I went completely off the patch about a month later. There isn't a day that goes by where I still don't want a smoke, though... frown.gif
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    Keg: you're lucky; teenage physiology seems to be such that it allows them to kick a habit that later in life would be full-fledged addiction. just be sure and stay on top of that, if you come back to it, the habit will be there to stay!
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    i just recently quit while i was in austraila.. i had been a smoker for 9 years..i really lucked out tho.. i happen to be a brand whore.. i wouldnt smoke anything but american spirts, anything else tasted like garbage to me and i would rather not smoke than smoke anything else.. when i went to austraila they didnt carry them. i was an asshole for awhile i put on a few pounds not too many.. but man in austraila they have potato wedges and they serve them with sour cream thick as butter and this sweet chlli sause.. holy crap!! not only did it replace smoking it was better than sex.. i also picked up niccorette gum,because it was really cheap there.. and while i still wanted to do something with my hand it did chill me out and helped with the anger stuff and the figgityness associated with a chemical dependency..
    all and all i am soo happy i quit.. i also made it a rule that i could only smoke while drinking beer.. soon i just couldnt stomach it.. they tasted like pure crap and i think thats when you really know you quit is when you cant stand it..
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Keep going just a little longer. It gets easier. Don't stop now, because you'll hate having to try again...or never try again, and make stupid excuses about how you really don't need to quit. Replace the urge with something else. Use the aggression for a work out.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    After everybody around me going through multiple attempts at quitting, I just have to say Im very happy this is a habit I never picked up.

Good luck man!
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    Good on ya mate laugh.gif I know it's shitty but keep at it, once you get through the first 6 weeks, you'll notice an improvement smile.gif

I've been trying to quit for the last few weeks, and had done really well until Tuesday, when I went to the company christmas party- ended up smoking 10 malboro lights and half a cuban cigar frown.gif

But trust me, to be able to taste food and drink properly again, and not waking up in the morning coughing up what can only be described as that stretchy gummy adhesive stuff that sticks cds to magazines makes it all worth it laugh.gif
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    i smoked for about two years. it was totally a social thing, but towards the end I stopped hanging out with the crowd that had gotten me started on the habit... started taking puffs every now and then and it just had no appeal.. quit cold turkey, but boy did i pay for it the following summer doing construction work on my parents' home.. lungs felt like they were on fire.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I quit after being a heavy smoker for 10 years. My aunt died from terminal cancer, that pretty much woke me up and put some reality into what is a fucking stupid activity. I chain smoked my way through a carton of 100 mild seven and never wanted to look at a ciggie ever again.

good luck! Don't bother with nicotine suppliments btw, you'll quit if you want to.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah i think the patches/gum whatever is not good idea, atleast for me. Its like the hey-i-will-start-smoking-less plan that works for a day or two and then you are back at your regular intervals.

I just bloody hope it gets little better by monday, being pissed off at work is not very good idea laugh.gif
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Damn that sucks,good luck quitting. I cant imagine how hard it is to quit. I've only smoked about 1/2 a cigarette in my life, i was trying to look cool when i smoked it but after 2 puffs my lungs collapsed and i had to go to the hospital and when i woke up i found out i was allergic to tabbaco.

Oh well,i guess theres more fun stuff to smoke instead wink.gif
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I have never smoked so i don't understand at all laugh.gif.

Good luck quitting