Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
I bet Jack Thompson would have a field day with this one smile.gif

http://www.break.com/articles/xbox360banned.html

Replies

• nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    As I said in a previous thread, I really dig this particular advertising campaign. I just won't be buying the system anytime soon.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Was it banned? There are so many "banned" ads out there that were never even going to be released, except as pretend Banned adverts.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    So true Rick.
    Its like when they say it was banned it becomes underground and cool all of a sudden and everyone and their grandmother will be talking about it.

And actually i dont really see why it should be banned, growup people play some kindergarden wargames, whats so nasty about it that it would need a ban?
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    That was clever.

Now if only they would ban all the GoArmy commercials.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I really liked that ad.

Shame I won't see it on tv.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's the difference?
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

the difference is between seeing it occasionally and thinking 'neat' and having to sit down and specifically set time aside to watch it.

If I'm going to see advertisements every now and then, I just assume they be ones I enjoy.
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    That was actually quite funny...don't see why it would be banned though, I mean...seriously...the ESRB rating for this if it appeared in a videogame would be like E...

its a bunch of people playing pretend wargames, using finger guns, imaginary grenades, and shotguns, going "bang" to indicate a hit.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    this looks like the same firm that's done the water balloon fight adverts that are running on the television... don't see how it would be banned, but maybe they just decided not to air them?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe it was banned because it encourages terrorist charade activity!
    It's a pretty good ad, yeah smile.gif
    Didn't make me wanna buy an XBox though.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    It pretty stupid really. I would rather see what the console is capable off versus just reflecting "fun" for adults.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I thought that ad was great, but I can see why they decided not to use it.

I did see the one that Gauss mentions that has the song "Teddy Bear Picnic" and showed a bunch of children running around outside having a waterballoon fight. I pointed out the irony to my GF that kids who get one will be sitting on their fat asses in front of the TV playing Xbox instead of being outside playing and getting exercise.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i actualy saw the banned comercial play as the comercial infront of a game trailer we watched today online, so maybe its banned from tv, or maybe its just an internet cmercial, and never meant for tv
  • Dio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dio polycounter lvl 18
    On second viewing I didnt see the girl in the aisle but I did see a censor blur cirle in one shot. As a broadcast commericial I dont think it would bide well for the game industry; people universally influenced by gaming, translating their online deathmatch experiences in a public place. I dont agree with that notion but no need to feed the critics. Also it seems incomplete without some tie in to the Xbox Live community.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    If you are trying to sell me something, I have to agree with Oxy in the fact that I want to see what you are selling and why I should buy it. A bunch of kids skipping around throwing water balloons is supposed to make me choke up 500$ for your system? Hrm, no. These things remind me of the old Obsession commercials.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    i enjoy them because they're really not all that good about selling the product. i don't want to be sold the product one way or another; i'll decide on my own time. in the meantime it's nice to watch a cleverly conceived ad that has really nothing to do with The Product. smile.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I liked it, as I like all cleaver TV spots. BUT it doesn't make me want to run out and buy a 360. Which is why I suspect why it didn't air, instead of this "it was banned" crap.
  • Jes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    Banned or not, I found it bloody hilarious! grin.gif
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    If you are trying to sell me something, I have to agree with Oxy in the fact that I want to see what you are selling and why I should buy it. A bunch of kids skipping around throwing water balloons is supposed to make me choke up 500$ for your system? Hrm, no. These things remind me of the old Obsession commercials.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree in the case of selling a game (I don't like seeing pre-rendered crap, I want to see the actual game), but I don't think it's necessary when selling a system. People know what XBox is and what it does, and these simple commercials are intended to just pique people's interest... the commercials for the individual games are what should showcase the visuals.

I actually like Microsoft's ad campaign for the XBox360, which is saying a lot since I absolutely loath marketing in general. It's not going to make me buy a 360 anytime soon, but that's because I didn't plan on buying one anyway (maybe in a year or so).