Home General Discussion

How much you play over LAN

Toomas
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Toomas polycounter lvl 18
Over the last year how many % of your multiplayer games have been over LAN?

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    I voted 100% Internet, but it is not because I prefer that type of multiplayer. It sure has a lot of advantages like beeing able to play with lots of people on one server, and beeing able to play more or less any time. But those private LANS with friends are just a lot more fun.

In other words, I would really like to play more on private LANs (those huge commercial LAN with 500 persons or more are just like internet-play confused.gif ).
    The problem is that I was unable to gather enough people for that lately (don't get me even started mad.gif ) and that there arn't really any games that are fun to play on LANs out right now.
    Even the RTS games have been kind of lacking concerning good, balanced multiplayer in the last two years.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    there used to be two or three good sized lan party groups around here that had parties every couple of months, they've mostly disappeared or dont advertise anymore... only lan gaming i get any more is through the game nights i help organize back at my old college.
  • Hooker with a Penis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hooker with a Penis polycounter lvl 18
    Aside from the bi-monthly game of UT2k4 and Doom 3 with my 10 year old sister and my 15 year old brother, I don't play over LAN, so I voted the second to last.