Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Old Knight

Gatis
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Gatis polycounter lvl 18
Hi Guys,

Been a while since I've posted here but I thought i'd post my latest creation, after producing the head model which you might of seen a while back on this forum I decided to create a character from him so I choose an Old Knight. Hope ya like him and crits are always welcome cheers

oldknightwip.jpg

oldknightshirt.jpg

oldknightskullcap.jpg

oldknighttrousers.jpg

Replies

• Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Thats some sexy shit right there. But so far it looks more like an indian then a knight.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    love the concept!
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    looking awesome so far.
    The ears seem a tad too big ?
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    lovely piece, i think that the big ears give him a lot of style however i think the hands are rather big and legs need to be beefed up as well
  • Manic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Manic polycounter lvl 18
    strangefate: the ears are the only part of your body that continue to grow throughout your life, so the model having big ears is a good idea
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    the ears do seem a little big, but it does happen.
    i think the skin on the body is a little too young.
    this image was posted in the general threads and thought it illustrated my opinon of the influence i'd like to see incorporated: http://www.wmzq.com/images3/flabby.jpg
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Give him a pointy beard and curly mustache and some beaten up armour and you'll have yourself Don Quixote de la Mancha. Actually, don't do that seeing as I'm about to do a version of that character myself.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Looks great man. Really nice. The ears are fricking huge, but they can get like that on really old folks as k.p says. But I dunno, mebbe not *quite* that big? I think the hands are too big though yeah. I do agree that the body looks too young too. At least give him some slight man boobs smile.gif Where the tricep meets the shoulder on the back view looks a little strange perhaps. Cant wait to see more. Wires please smile.gif
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    i dunno, i've seen some mentally huge ears on old blokes. Even ones who are not so old. Look at Terry Wogan.

Looking really good ... are you planning on adding more layers of armour or mail on top of the leather?
  • Gatis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gatis polycounter lvl 18
    Hi guys thought I'd better reply, thanks for all the comments much appreciated. The Idea with this guy was to have abit of stylised realism, I wanted him just to be slightly different so he stood out more and made more of an impression, hence things like the big ears.As for the armour I'm gonna model that seperatly over the top of the clothes, the idea for me was to have a complete model so I could strip it down from full armour back down to his body, more of a modeling exercise for myself and here are the wires after zbrushing , thanks again

oldknightwires.jpg
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    wow, a model with a nice, solid style excellent so far.

the only serious thing that bugs me is the way his deltoids lead into his shoulder blades. as far as a solution, this is still the area that drives me nuts. best of luck to you smile.gif i think next time i do anatomy, i'm goign to go feckin' hardcore to find a solution for this.

i LOVE the huge hands and the biceps, and qutie like the shirt as well. i dont know what i feel about the beer-gut six pack he's got going on, but i dont have any reference for nude old, strong men, so i can't really pass judgement there. cool stuff man smile.gif can't wait to see it progress. once again, i love he biceps.. man. it's been too long since i modeled anything nice. i gotta get back at it hahahaha.
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Cool - this is really solid stuff, and I love the stylistic choices you've gone with and its got some great subtle touches in that really make this one shine. I agree about giving him a bit more general droopiness and sagging, especially on his boobs and stomach.

...oh yeah - if his ears are that big I hope your gonna give him some big old tufts of hair sticking out of them like old men always seem to have!