Home Technical Talk

BF2 MOD tools Beta

polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    yeah. it's slow and buggy as hell atm. I waited, what, over a month for this. I tried beginning a new level, began paying some bills, cleaned out my refrigerator, cooked dinner, read Dicken's David Copperfield, shaved my legs, and later realized it finished loading. Some dir won't load. I looked through the help menu, but most of the instructions are empty, so I don't know if I'm doing steps in order. Switching from terrain editing, back to the UI is a pain, unless I'm missing a hotkey that should be explained somewhere. It brings my PC, which has high specs and runs the game smoothly, to a sluggish limp, even after closing.

So that's my thoughts so far. Perhaps in time someone in the community can provide better tools than the team who developed the game. So far I only see tools for Maya included, which kinda bothers me. It seems the more complicated the games, and the more attention given to the mod communities, the more problems.
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    I had a play aswell, some better docs are definately needed.
  • SyaPed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyaPed polycounter lvl 18
    There's a bunch of tutorials that got released just after the editor. They do a pretty good job of taking you through the basics. Have a look on www.planetbattlefield.com

Oh and here's the semi official editor forums
    http://bfeditor.gotfrag.com/forums/