Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Current Model WIP

buddikaman
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
buddikaman polycounter lvl 18

rat28jj.jpg

rat17sp.jpg

Been working on this guy off and on for a week now, trying something new, i still need to get the hang of modeling over refernce images, it never seems to work for me so i just play it by ear = tons of time tweaking...

The hands i ripped off my old model, feet arent done, tail ect, hes gonna walk on all 4's, just posting it for everyone to see and comment, thanks

-Buddikaman-

Replies

• stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    I can picture him with a very doofy look on his face and little bead like eyes. Could be fun.

I do not really like the position you modeled him in--his spine is not at all in a neutral position to me. looks hunched unnatrually=/ Your joints dont appear quite right to me on a human anatomy level. apply some knowledge of the ways knees and ankles work on a human to those legs. The ankle joint is very knot like. Shoulders also seem slouched. I could be wrong, but i'd take an honest look at it and see if you cant find a middle ground.

Nice start bud. Tweak it up and get to the texture already=)
  • buddikaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    buddikaman polycounter lvl 18
    Worked on him a little more, needs lots of tweaking, legs to thin, probably redo the head, give him claws, spikes ect...comments welcome.

rat14cp.jpg

rat30op.jpg

-Buddikaman-
  • Jerome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerome polycounter lvl 18
  • thinsoldier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thinsoldier polycounter lvl 18
    oooOOOOOOooo.....I like the head....its like...i WANT it to bite me...

but not feeling the forearms and elbow tho.