Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Doom 3 PPM support mod EARLY WIP.

KDR_11k
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
http://mitglied.lycos.de/KDR_11k/files/ppms.htm

This isn't really for general consumption because it crashes far too often, can someone test it over network and tell me what happens when both players use different models?

Replies

• Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    i wish i could ... i cant seem to get lan working for doom3.
    i cant belive this feature isnt in the standard release...
    God i moan alot smile.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated the link to the current version. Myako was unbundled but didn't change from the previous version so if you downloaded that you only need the mod itself.

It should work now. Doesn't crash anymore, at least for me. I still need verification on what happens in network games but I'm pretty confident that it will work properly now. Next up is skin support, then changing models without reconnect and after that a GUI. tongue.gif I'm still getting used to the SDK but so far it's been much easier to pick up than UT2004 with its five layers of inheritance from previous games on everything.

Oh, BTW, it's cleared for general consumption now. Still pretty rough but should be usable. But if you post this on a news site *please* mirror it, it's a free account and would vapourize from the traffic.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Managed to test it here. My father's comp sucks badly but it was enough to try it.

works.jpg

He saw me as the default player. I'll try to find out what causes that. Perhaps it's just because I joined the game twice, once with the default model and once with the one you see there.
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    i think this is a really great thing you are doing here, and the new model looks great ingame .... sorta makes me wish doom3 was better ...
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Thats a cool picture... too bad I can't test it out, since I have only on PC that can run Doom3 wink.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, I got model changing implemented. Tested it only locally but I have a feeling it will work online as well. Didn't upload it yet because it's still easily exploitable (you could throw an invalid model at it and crash the game) and probably unclean (redundant code). I'll upload it when I have those fixed.
  • MacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MacD polycounter lvl 18
    A sweet model, but wow...the girl and her surroundings in that picture are just to the left of the uncanny valley smile.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEUREKA!!

I finally found out how to check whether the model failed to load (you cannot ask renderModelManager->CheckModel about a model's existence, must ask the renderEntity's instance of the model).
    No, I didn't spend the whole time on this issue, just the last few days (me and motivation are archenemies).
    Now one can change models and it prevents the player from choosing the default model. I also enforced adding model_mp_ in front of the CVar value to prevent the user from pointing it at another kind of model (e.g. a monster or a weapon).
    This version is NOT uploaded yet, I'll do some additional testing and perhaps try to fix a few of Ryoka's seams and then release both the new version and Ryoka.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    damn great addition kdr smile.gif once released I think this will be the must-have mod
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, the new version is uploaded (link remains the same), Ryoka is uploading as I write this. If this fucking piece-of-cheap-crap router would actually enforce its firewall rules I could prevent my sister from eating my whole upstream and upload much faster...
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    downloading it smile.gif
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    ok, just tested it and it works perfectly with my spaceman too so far, will try it online asap smile.gif great work

mind if I add a section to my tut on how to import a model for your mod ? I honestly hope that this mod will help more ppms to be created ! smile.gif
  • flachdrache
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flachdrache polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    damn great addition kdr smile.gif once released I think this will be the must-have mod

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo.gifshocked.gifgrin.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vahl: It'd be good if you could add that information to your tutorial. Most people reading it probably don't know about this mod and are scared away by the lack of any ootb support.

I'll try to get skins to work and add a GUI.