polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
spider2cool polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I'd like to have a word with your outfitter, soldier, because that looks NOTHING like camouflage! He lacks rank insignia (or they are incorrect) and probably a whole load of stuff more.
  • spider2cool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
    hmm...well I am in the airforce. I did extensive research to make sure that it was right. I wear this uniform at work. He is an airforce MTI. His rank is a Technical Sargent. He even has the maintenance badge above his name tape. the only thing I did not add was the two patches on his chest pockets. which I plan on adding later. those two patches are the AFTC(air force training command) and the basic training patch.

maybe do some resurch before your act so sure.
    Thanx for the critique though. its the thought that counts. as for the camo. I used my own uniform to get the colors.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    IMO the arms look too skinny. It's especially noticeable when he has his arms crossed. It could be the angle though :/
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    i guess the texture is pretty low res , its hard to make out those details on the pic, somthing nice about it tho ...
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    It would help critiques if you posted orthographic renders of the character, with 100% self illumination, 1 non-textured flat shaded render, and 1 lit "beauty shot".
    Also, the stats of the character. How many polys, how large of a texture?

That said, the model looks fairly beginner style, but good.
    Arms are too thin, and the character doesnt seem terribly dynamic. The feet seem a bit small, and the organization of polygons in the face/mouth area seems to have some strange smoothing going on.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    The hat needs the proper dents fora "montana peak". The face needs a few more polies and edge looping to improve the facial expressions. The camo pattern is Woodland, but is out of scale (the pattern is too large for the figure). Ankles look a little narrow, and the feet too small. You may need to put some more accomodation for animation in the shoulders as they look a little stiff, and a bit beercanned. Is there a polygon limit you are working under? Also can youplease post views of the textures at 100 Percent Illumination, a Woreframe of the front side and back of the character,and a texture flat please? this will help in making more specific crits.

Scott