Home General Discussion

Toy Story 3

Replies

• Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    That's certainly a very bold move on Disney's behalf.

If this new studio can pull off a succesful movie and maintain the quality that Pixar set forth it may mean good things for the future of Disney. Of course if Toy Story 3 flops, that is yet another nail in the coffin for Disney =(
  • avalean
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    avalean polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Of course if Toy Story 3 flops, that is yet another nail in the coffin for Disney =(

[/ QUOTE ]

They are getting pretty many...
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    oh is it direct to video too, disney? they can crash and burn hard for all i care. pixar has pretty soundly unseated them in terms of quality and until disney comes back to making films to tell good stories and not shovel garbage into families' homes to make money they deserve all the problems coming to them.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    Ach, Shite!

Disney have done little other than rape European stories for the last years, now they're going to rape one of my favourite Animated features.

My daughter is nuts about Toystory1&2, if the 3rd is a turkey she will spot it though. I've noticed kids can spot a fake much quicker than adults.

When I was at the Incredibles the last week, the trailer for Shark Tale and Chicken Little came on first and there was not one titter from the kids in the audience... nor myself.

It's a shame that animated features have a bandwagon now.
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    I wonder if they'll be able to get the same actors back for the voices, probably not. Well, maybe some of the secondary roles. In the recent past, Disney has been all about going down the path of least resistance. And it doesn't look like that has changed.
  • Nerd Groupie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
    I haven't trusted Disney since they made Cinderella 2, you don't screw with Happily Ever After!!

Sad part is, kids will go see it no matter what. Disney's really only hurting us...the big kids.