polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Marine polycounter lvl 18
thumb_face.jpg

thumb_litpersp.jpg

thumb_turn.jpg

two 512's and four 256's
5443 tri's

wish i'd taken more time on the lighting, it's far too flat shading wise, i was just getting bored of it

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    The clothing seems somewhat inconsistent, around her head she seems dressed up for winter but her legs are partially exposed. The contrast between flesh and yellow clothes isn't that big, either, I'd say you should give her some differently colored cloth there.

The hat should cast shadows on the objects below it, currently e.g. the little "arc"-like transition between hat and hair on the side of her forehead looks kinda accidental.

Oh, and next time enable anti-aliasing to help with areas like the mouth (I'd animate it shut ingame, slight openings like that look pretty bad with aliasing).

Hm, wireframes?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    At first I thought this was your personal take on The Bride. Love the character, specifically that hat. Not sure where I've seen similar designs like this but it was in some manga a friend had printed out for his own reference. Great costume design Marine!

With her stance as it is she'd be falling forward from the weight of her tig o' bitties (which are done quite well I should say).
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    cool marine, i like the design, and her soft facial features.
    I agree with the other guys, she could be tightened up in some areas, and the texture could use some more dark shading, like under her crotch.
    im jealous, i want to make stuff too!
  • Omar_Nabiev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Omar_Nabiev polycounter lvl 18
    Marine, i like your style, espessialy the texture color shadings - very nice work!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I like the boots.

Edit: Ok, I was going to leave it at that but...
    Design wise, the fact that she's covered head to toe, yet exposing much of her inner thigh I find to be beyond ridiculous to the point of absurd. And the fact that few have pointed this out, laughable. Must be cold down there. Perhaps she should be wearing a wet T-shirt to balance things out. I've said too much. I know you're a talented artist capable of amazing character designs. Scrap this, and come back with an improvement if time permits.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yay! Marine did something!

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif great work marine, keep pushing it. per's got all the relevant crits.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the replies, i'll keep them in mind for next time, when ever that is.
    i can't really take credit for the design though because...

this
    +
    this
    +
    this
    +
    this
    +
    this
    +
    this
    =
    rip off
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    every artist is a cannibal laugh.gif
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

this

[/ QUOTE ]

crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

//
    Great work otherwise
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

this

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! How could you? ooo.giffrown.gif
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    Rip it off! Rip it oFF !

Everything is great, I am distracted by the thighs. The Dark grey seams to be dominant over the the yellow there, and its pushing her legs into a funny silloette. Have you considered flipping the colors.. or giving more yellow, and less Grey. Something to play with it you still want to.
  • Zeldrik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zeldrik polycounter lvl 18
    I think the fact you have used so many different and varying references is the reason the character design seems so inconsistent. I agree 100% with ElysiumGX, either cover her thighs or expose her breasts........
    But I do like the face and hat a lot.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Her anatomy looks very awkward. The exposed thighs make the torso appear extremely long, and the arms are extremely skinny in the upper arm. I like the initial idea, but I think the execution needs a bit more refinement.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thumb_turnwires.jpg
    thumb_headwires.jpg
    thumb_bodymap.jpg
    thumb_pantsmap.jpg
    thumb_combinedmaps.jpg
    some have asked for them
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Ugg, I see a major waste of polys exspecially in the face (AND exspecially the lips) frown.gif
    And her butt really lacks shape in the side view.

I like the texture though, maybe a few more shadows wouldn't hurt, but the rest is really nice.