Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Spanish People

Jeff Gran
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Jeff Gran polycounter lvl 18
These are some characters I've been working on for a learn-to-speak-Spanish educational-type game. Triangle count is about 2200 with one 1024^2 tex each. The left one is supposed to be in his 20's, the right in his 30's. More to come in the next week or so.

The next will be older and fatter, with more significant changes to the clothing as well.

carlos&juan.jpg

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    The shading on the guy on the left's forehead is really weird. Doesn't define the shape very well at all IMHO.
    Also his eyes look very flat, I think it's cos you've made the eye whites, actually white. They should be a darker colour, and it'll look like they have more depth - also a 1pixel white highlight over the pupil/iris area would give them more depth and shine.

You could also make the clothes more obviously different by giving the older guy a checkered or stripey shirt instead of just a plain one?

Models look pretty solid though. Good work, overall they look pretty good - just the faces need a little more work to make them seem less lifeless, I reckon.

MoP
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    this might sound silly but the low slung slacks actually makes them look more spanish.
    the faces look good, but the eyes need a little more work. MoP is on the nail...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 18
    It might just be the position of the belts, but it looks like their arms could be just a tad longer to be proportional. I could be wrong though.

I like the folds in the clothing. Especially the creases on the pants in the area below the knees.
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    i dunno why... but i kinda wanna learn spanish from that guy on the right....
  • Jeff Gran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments, all. Good call on the forehead issue, Mop. I'll fix that. There actually are highlights on the eyes, but for some reason they didn't show up in this render... hmmm. Maybe the anti-aliasing covered them up. Here's another dude I just finished.

uncle.jpg
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    All we need now is a grandma,daughter and girl,then we have a whole sim family....*rereads title* oh wait erm spanish family...looking nice though.

john
  • Jeff Gran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message