Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Too much Mad Max

PeteJ
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
PeteJ polycounter lvl 18
Makes me draw post apocalyptic rice!
Had a bit of an idea bouncing around with what the UK would look like if the world had just come out of a nuclear holocaust(ala Mad Max). The issues with commodities such as water food and fuel would be major issues as in Mad Max but ultimately are climate would take a dive, resulting in a lovely nuclear winter. hence knobbly tyres!
just to start off some ideas I thought I'd sketch up what one of cars may look like :

crx_pimpthumb.jpg

all c&c welcome! (thats a plea for replies)
hopefully when my uni work slacks off i'll model it laugh.gif

Replies

• smurfbizkit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    smurfbizkit polycounter lvl 18
    link doesn't work for me :/
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    lol , a holocaust in the UK , hah its would look the same ... at least where i live smile.gif

Nice scetch ... quite a different idea.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, neat, Pete!
    Spikes on the wheels look a little thin and flimsy. Also a little purposeless - they wouldn't shred the tyres of a car next to it, and nor would they be too effective at hacking off ankles in a drive-by - maybe try turning them into spinning scythes (like the chariots near the end of Gladiator) or a James Bond-style spinning claw arrangement for shredding tyres quickly.
    You could also probably give the door and bodywork panels more of a "patched up" feel with rivets or separate overlayed metal sheets - don't go overboard though.

I love the chunkiness of the bull-bar things on the front bumper.

MoP
  • smurfbizkit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    smurfbizkit polycounter lvl 18
    Can see it now! First impression, it reminds me of the Delorian in "Back to the Future"
  • PeteJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeteJ polycounter lvl 18
    Thermidor : thats a fair point. it *might rain more, only realy difference would be the mutant sheep.

Mop :liking the idea of the rivets and the whole patched u thang mop, i'll look into that. as for the spikes i may just ditch em its alreayd gone through 3 wheels changes and none look right yet!

smurfbizkit : yeah i did ponder the idea of slapping some funky great jet engine on the back, but it wouldnt be very fuel efficient laugh.gif