It sucks living in a swing state

I'm sure most of you are tired of hearing about the upcoming elections and all, but let me tell you... if I could move to Wyoming and hide under a rock for the month of October, I'd take my chances. According to CNN, the state of Ohio has had the second largest amount of money spent on presidential campaign ads of any state in the union, just behind Florida. Bush and Kerry are here several times a week now and their events dominate the news (I couldn't flip through three channels last night without seeing the Schwarzenneger-Bush rally). If that's not already trying my patience, we have all the Ohio local stuff - a senator and a congressman - plus the local stuff - Cincinnati's various public offices. But, since Kentucky is just across the river, we get all of their state politics dumped on us as well. I hear more about their high profile candidates (Nick Clooney for the House, George's dad, and Jim Bunning for Senate, the Hall of Fame baseball player) than I do the guys I can actually vote for. An article in today's paper says that more than $20 million has been spent locally in political TV ads this year. It sucks, I hate it, and November 2nd can't come fast enough.

Just needed to whine a bit - I feel better, thanks for listening.

Replies