Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zhang Ziyi

If anyone hasent seen her yet the face texture is about done. I might redo the hair, i might just tweak it either way it isnt final. The body is from crash's "armor girl babe chick" model as the head i made for her sucked horribly.

UPDATED -new links below-

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Love the way the face turned out - but I'm thinking the hair doesn't really compliment the rest of the model. The texture is a little too uniform.. 'neat'. Ya know?
  • tRens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tRens polycounter lvl 18
    only complaint is the lips don't look good enough! fix that texture..

tRens... ohh where are the XOOBS?
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    The models looking well constructed, but you haven't really captured the look of the lovely Zhang.
    zhangziyi003.jpg
    the whole thing coulsd use a bit of tweaking (it would be handy if I could see the image while I'm typing... something thats going to annoy me about this new forum). Most notably, the green eyes and lack of epican folds give her a much more western look, as does the shape of the nose. The overall face structure isn't quite right either. the cheek bones need to be a bit higher and more delicate and cheeks a tad more gaunt.

Lots of tweaking to be done to model and txture, but a fine start indeed. Looking forward to seeing your pretty ballerina develop.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    The front view looks okay but the side view doesn't look a bit asian. I think that's where the error lies that throws it off.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    yes, you have chose a hard task, recreating a celebrity is tough enough, but one that is verry pretty but yet also, not verry identifiable is much harder. i have seen her in Many movies one of my favorite chinese actresses (you know she doesnt know a lick of kung fu, she's a trained dancer) i wish you good luck on this.. you still have a bit of tweaking to do befor eyou capture the likeness
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Looks to me like her eyelids are riding too high on her eyeballs. Try laying that photo of her behind your model wireframe. Her real nose is much rounder and cuter than your model's, also. More reference!

/jzero
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so these boards suck and theres a time limit on how long you can edit them and i need to change the urls so the bandwidth on spectre's brother's server dosent get eaten and he dosent kill me.
    zhangrender10.jpg
    zhangflat.jpg
    zhangwire.jpg
    zhang12.jpg
    zhangorb3.jpg