Home Technical Talk

Help me please

Offline / Send Message
Pinned

I always give up because I never find answers, I don't want this to happen again, please, help me.

I started watching tutorials to help me with 3d sculpting (If any of you know 3d artists personally on here could you please mention this post to them? I need people to see)

And the first one seems to have helped (although my model looked less smoother for some reason)

but this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkUItPLE9yU

I did something wrong here?

All questions are on the image at the bottom

ZBRUSH

An additional question I have is when I tried to extend the nose, it became blocky (some polygon stuff I suppose), how do I avoid that?

Replies

• LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    you're not getting answers because this is a god awful way to ask questions. it looks like you're asking about the UI and trying to set up orthographic image planes but i have no idea. i'd have to download the image and bring it into photoshop to even see what youre talking about.

the biggest advice i can give you is just keep going. zbrush's UI is terrible and art is hard. if you give up every time you struggle you wont get far
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Use a better subject line.
    Clarify your post by using the answer first method, or similar.
    Lastly, RTFM. Zbrush has a good one.

Oh well what am I doing, this person isn't going to read anything.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    You need to attack only one problem at a time. In order to know how to solve problems, I'd suggest reading about the Scientific Method. This is a step by step process for solving problems and finding answers. What you will find is that the people who have faced all of these same issues, but eventually figure it out, use some form of the scientific method to tackle their problems. They go one problem at a time and carefully gather all of the information available, then make logical deductions. You have to be very patient.

Right now, you are asking too many questions for anybody to answer, and they are all questions you can find answers to easily by reading the Zbrush documentation or watching the Zbrush beginner tutorials.
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    pf2222 said:

I always give up because I never find answers

Mate, in this day and age if you can't find answers with an infinite sea of information at your fingertips then 3D may not be for you.

Zbrush has a pretty extensive documentation. This is how I learned 90% of the program. Sadly, when I first started using it in V1.5 there was just the documentation.......you have absolutely no idea how lucky you are in that the vast amount of FREE video tutorials available to you should make your learning journey a pleasure. Oh, and did I mention the 12K per second internet speeds from the 1.5 days......??