Home Unity

3D enviroment for mobile game (questions)

null
Offline / Send Message
Slir null
Hello everybody!

I'm going to create a 3d environment for a mobile game on Unity. Project - action with a view from above and spacious locations.
Since the project will not be released soon, the target platforms are top-generation devices of the current generation.

By collecting information, I'm a little confused in the technical limitations for mobile devices.
I will be grateful if someone will share actual information or their experience in working on locations for mobile games.

I would like to use PBR materials. Textures: trim sheets and tiles. For mixing, use vertex blending and masking.
In general, collect almost all the elements of the environment from the trims and try to use less often as possible assets with unique UV for a larger texture re-use.
I want to get good graphics with spectacular surface materials and objects without sharp edges.

But is it advisable to use PBR materials with normal maps? Or should it be limited to simple materials with basic and fake highlights, since even the top devices will slow down when using normal maps and cubemap reflections?

When using PBR, there is still a question of baking light.
Is the Shadowmask mode of different devices behaving properly?

Are the actual data from the Unity manual by the number of vertexes in the frame? Now there are indicated up to 100,000 vertexes per frame for mobile devices.