Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Girl facial anatomy sculpt

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Rhesa_j polycounter lvl 2
Hey guys,
I've been learning to sculpt human head and this is one of my attempt at it. First i'm gonna show the reference that i use.

and this is the sculpt 

C&C are needed.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Bottom lip should be forward more.

Nasiolabial fold needs definition.  It's reading as if the muscle/overlap isn't there.
  • Rhesa_j
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update, definitely need to fix the eye. I'm always struggling to match the eye with the reference that i have. It always seems off somehow and i'm not sure how to fix it.
  • Rhesa_j
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I made an update on the eyes and now it looks like an asian. I'm using spotlight on zbrush and i basically trace the shape of the eye to my model but it still looks different. Does anybody have any suggestion about it? thank you
  • Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator

I know there is a difference in the distortion of the zbrush "camera" to real life lens, but the proportions of the head need to be fixed in order to go on to the other details.the cheeks need to go in, and the cheekbones and jaw bones a bit to the outside
    If you also look at the head from Your side view, the back side of the skull is too small in relation to the rest of the head
    The ears are very big at the moment, the cheeks need to be pushed in. She has an interesting facial anatomy, she does not have flat planes so you need to pay more attention to the cheek area shapes. You have done a fairly decent job with the nose although you could make it a bit more pointy, and it was a good call to push some meat on the upper side of the eyelids
    Overall you want to know what muscles go underneath the skin so you sculpt accordingly. It's easy to find this stuff online but difficult to understand how you can implement them on zbrush. Try watching at face bone and muscle anatomy pictures from different angles, and give your strokes the direction of the muscles. Don't blindly do strokes trying to figure out the shapes!

If you can spend some dollars though, 30$ for 1 month in pluralsight are more than enough to give you access to videos teaching you about anatomy while sculpting zbrush! This guy in particular! Have fun :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sHtzXaeUM
  • Rhesa_j
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @larry hi thank you for your comment, will definitely do what you say in the future.

Some new update for now : 

• Rhesa_j
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so i decided to make a new sculpt and i still struggling a lot on the eyes part. I still trying to learn by observing the the reference but i guess i need some perspective or comment from other people to guide me. Thank you

• Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    build the eyebrow bones a bit more and work from there; in general, define the bones around the eye socket. The forehead that goes to the nose is sticking out too much as well