polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Blouko polycounter lvl 7

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Do you have more angles than just this?  It'll help us analyze better.  We get no depth information givent hat the snout is looking straight at us.
  • Blouko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blouko polycounter lvl 7
    Do you have more angles than just this?  It'll help us analyze better.  We get no depth information givent hat the snout is looking straight at us.
    I have a turntable video here: link
  • Lukeman87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lukeman87 node
    So far it looks pretty good. The muscle structure looks good. There are few technical aspects though. It's definitely more work, but when sculpting turn symmetry to off. Bodies are asymmetrical by nature, especially buff bodies and you'll notice the difference. Maybe make the head slightly larger? One more thing to  possibly consider. Not sure what the overall concept is, but maybe make the body anatomy a little more "werewolf" rather than "human". Otherwise it looks great!
  • Blouko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blouko polycounter lvl 7
    Lukeman87 said:
    So far it looks pretty good. The muscle structure looks good. There are few technical aspects though. It's definitely more work, but when sculpting turn symmetry to off. Bodies are asymmetrical by nature, especially buff bodies and you'll notice the difference. Maybe make the head slightly larger? One more thing to  possibly consider. Not sure what the overall concept is, but maybe make the body anatomy a little more "werewolf" rather than "human". Otherwise it looks great!
    Thanks for the comments! :)

I'll definitely add some asymmetrical aspects to the body, you're definitely right on that. I'll make the head bigger, it does look a little tiny compared to the body. I'll also try adding some more werewolf aspects, it does look very human. 
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Blouko said:
    I have a turntable video here: link
    We're lazy.  Can you post images please?
  • Blouko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blouko polycounter lvl 7
  • ZelenHimihal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZelenHimihal polycounter lvl 5
    Hey nice going. Id say what pops out immediately to me are few things like:
    The overall design, maybe its your thing but I think it can be improved, his structure in general doesnt fit a werwolf, I think he is too lean, i think his feet are too small, so are his hands  and his ribcage.
    Also the anatomy I believe can be improved upon especially in the legs and back area.
    I know Clothing's still a WIP but try using Move Elastic really helps with these types of cloth.
    Also focus more on the face muscles and give him a more menacing look.

Looking forward to more, good job.
  • Blouko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blouko polycounter lvl 7
    Hey nice going. Id say what pops out immediately to me are few things like:
    The overall design, maybe its your thing but I think it can be improved, his structure in general doesnt fit a werwolf, I think he is too lean, i think his feet are too small, so are his hands  and his ribcage.
    Also the anatomy I believe can be improved upon especially in the legs and back area.
    I know Clothing's still a WIP but try using Move Elastic really helps with these types of cloth.
    Also focus more on the face muscles and give him a more menacing look.

Looking forward to more, good job.
    Thank you for the feedback, will definitely apply these to the piece :)
  • Tectonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tectonic polycounter lvl 10
    I think what stands out to me the most is his pectoral muscles don't look quite right. maybe take another look at some reference for them.
  • Apocrs1980
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apocrs1980 polycounter lvl 4
    you've got a good start on this, still much further it can go, I would suggest working out body proportions before delving into clothing. Reference everything. Right now some of the features feel flat and unnatural, also proportions on his lower half and upper half feel off. as well as the features in the face. I did a quick dirty paint over to point out the areas which stick out to me, I hope you don't mind.
    Unless they are purposefully design decisions I'd look at some more references of wolves and human anatomy and work on how to blend the 2. non the less, your off to a good start.

• Blouko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blouko polycounter lvl 7
    you've got a good start on this, still much further it can go, I would suggest working out body proportions before delving into clothing. Reference everything. Right now some of the features feel flat and unnatural, also proportions on his lower half and upper half feel off. as well as the features in the face. I did a quick dirty paint over to point out the areas which stick out to me, I hope you don't mind.
    Unless they are purposefully design decisions I'd look at some more references of wolves and human anatomy and work on how to blend the 2. non the less, your off to a good start.

Thank you immensely for the paint over, I'll apply these tweaks asap!