Home Career & Education

how to proceed forward?

deebak14
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
deebak14 polycounter lvl 5
Hi, My name is Deebak Tamilmani, I have completed my undergraduate in Architecture. I was more passionate in Animation, game art and design.
so, im looking forward to join a school to develop my skills and get into the industry. I have no friends or mentor in this industry to guide me. I ask all you people to look at my artstation profile and give me good advice to proceed with my career and help me by suggesting some good schools to study entertainment art and design/ animation / game art. thank you 

https://deebak835.artstation.com/

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    To clarify, since "game art, animation, and design" are each wildly different sections of the entertianment industry:

What do you want as your first job?  Or what do you generally want to be in your career?
  • deebak14
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello brian. I would like be a 3d generalist. 
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Just in regards to games, selling yourself as a 3D Generalist is going to be as hard as trying to find a full-time job as a concept artist.  That is to say, it is VERY difficult.

Initially, I would recommend trying to focus in on one role.  It will make hiiring you for your first job much easier.

I applied to InXile as a Character Artist, but the workI do can ebb towards Generalist.  But they were not hiring for a Generalist on paper.
  • garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    I think, it's ok or at a good start. There's potential, and you seem to have a good eye on the interior side, and some of the angles to render your pieces. Animation, Games, and Design might be too broad to aim for.

I'd say, if it's for games, just be familiar with the game art workflows, and what's common in games. Film/Animation might be similar now, not entirely sure. Presentation wise, when it comes to showing 3D art, I think they're fairly similar. You have a keen-eye for something already, can't really point it out, but I'm sure if you were to focus on one of the three first, you'll be fine.
  • deebak14
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Garcellano