Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for Feedback - University - 3D Sculpted Texture and Low Poly Crown (400tris, 256px textures)

JayJamieJ
null
Hi I'm looking for some feedback on some more Uni work that I completed this semester, I know the presentation is a bit off.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    What quality bar were you trying to hit?  Any existing rendering target examples?

My initial read is admittedly that both assets read a little below decent, not amazing.  The crown looks far from finished, but I would forgive the look if it was meant for last-gen Runescape.

The floor tile looks serviceable, but there's definitely more space for you to make it pop more, or show off that it's a handicapable texture./
  • JayJamieJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JayJamieJ null
    The brief for the crown was to create a low poly stylised fantasy prop, where as the tiles were going for more of a photo realistic look.
  • X-One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    X-One polycounter lvl 18
    Are you working from any reference at all? Do you have any kind of budget concerns?

As it stands, your work leaves a lot to be desired. I don't want to beat around the bush, but I don't want to crush you either.

Find some reference, post the reference, and then post each step of your progress towards producing those assets.