Home Career & Education

Art Test_no deadline given

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
dipesh25 polycounter lvl 5
Hey everyone 

Recently I,ve been given an environment art test by a game studio, they want me to create a building with no more than 12,000 tris, they stated what they’re looking for,  but they haven’t stated how much time I need to spend on it. 

Should I email them and ask when they want this test in? 

Or should I take it upon myself to  give an apportiate deadline ?

Replies

• CrackRockSteady
    If they've already outlined for you all of the other specific requirements of the test and there was no mention of a deadline then yes I would  just try to finish the test in a reasonable amount of time.  They're probably trying to see what you think is an appropriate amount of time to finish the task.

That said, I don't think it would actually hurt if you wanted to ask just to make sure.  Likely they'll either simply tell you to submit the test when you feel it is finished, or they'll say "whoops we forgot to tell you the deadline".
  • Marshkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marshkin polycounter lvl 9
    When in doubt - ask. This exhibits your ability to clarify the requirements prior to starting- a very important skill in any job to be honest. 
  • CrackRockSteady
    Marshkin said:
    When in doubt - ask. This exhibits your ability to clarify the requirements prior to starting- a very important skill in any job to be honest. 
    Yeah this is actually a better answer.  Better safe than sorry.