Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Remake of Skeith from .hack//infection (Retrogasm 2018)

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Aveon polycounter lvl 3
I'm participating in Jon Troy Nickel's Retrogasm contest, where this year you take any character, vehicle, creature, etc from a sixth gen or older game, and remake with today's graphical capabilities (Style choices are up to the participant however). It essentially boils down to a fanart contest, but because of that the competition is much more passionate and cooperative.

Anywho I wanted to keep a blog of WIPs, so here I am! For that contest I'm recreating Skeith (pronounced Scathe for whatever reason) "The Terror of Death" from the PS2 game ".hack//infection". Please feel free to comment or critique, as that's not against the rules.

Replies

• Aveon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aveon polycounter lvl 3
    Still more to block out, but I"ll be back to 2nd and 3rd form refine soon, I can taste it!

• Aveon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aveon polycounter lvl 3

Fingers are almost done, weapon to block out after.

Even though I spent today's free-time on trying to get those hand bones right, I might wind up just fusing them all together and making a palm block...just not sure the shape language is feeling right

• Aveon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aveon polycounter lvl 3

Sculpts almost done. Need to do some minor proportion edits and just touch up the forms. Atm not sure what I'll do for tertiary forms, details will be in substance.

Might also make the twilight bracelet for the data drain attack

• Aveon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aveon polycounter lvl 3
    Didn't get much over the weekend, just refining forms. I'm considering doing something in the sculpt phase form wise to integrate the stone aspect back in, but I'm not sure yet. If not just have the legs and minor refinement to do.

• Aveon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aveon polycounter lvl 3
    Wrapped up bakes for the body, did a bit of a mood shot. Still got a few things to do before I move to textures (Weapon and the eyes).
  • Aveon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aveon polycounter lvl 3
    Almost done with the stone (want to experiment with blood stains and cracking some of the outer shell off) then I'll move to the eyes and weapon.

• Aveon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aveon polycounter lvl 3
    Still got a bit more to do texture wise, but I'm close enough to be comfortable posting a texture WIP. I have some other projects that need to take priority, so I don't think I'll have the time to do his "data drain" attack, but I'll probably still rig it and give it some animations (Not like it needs that much weight painting haha).

• Aveon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aveon polycounter lvl 3
    Been awhile since I've updated here. Changed the weapon, refined textures, rigged and animated. Just need to do a pano background, some sort of ground plane and finalize lighting. Can't upload video so converted to gif (which means quality is looooooooooooow).

• Aveon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aveon polycounter lvl 3
    Welp, time to call this done. There's video and a MV file as well, but while I see there's a sketchfab embed fucntion I don't see something for MV, oh well. 

If you want to check those out they're over at: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QlwWd