Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Character Sculpt

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Dayl polycounter lvl 7
Hello everyone, I'd really like some feedback on this character sculpt I'm working on. Still early stages but I'd like to start off right and a few extra pairs of eyes would really help. Any critiques or tips will be very much appreciated!

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    i think my first questions would be whats your intended style?  How real are you trying to go?

I think once you've established that it would be easier to crit

also, to me the arms seems a little short
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Solid block out !
    Suggestions:
    face : your features are currently a bit shallow (arrows mean push or pull depend on direction)
    If you are working of specific face you should post that /maybe top view as well  coz looks like his skull have a hole in the middle
    body : you should take some time to learn anatomy and silhouette of arm and legs
    Post side view no arm no prospective /dump pants till you fix pelvis/leg muscles

• Dayl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dayl polycounter lvl 7
    @jose.fuentes  I'm aiming for as realistic as I can get, basically. But this is still in blockout stages, trying to make sure proportions and stuff are right before I go into more detail.

@carvuliero Thanks for the suggestions and the paintover! I worked on it a little bit but I still have stuff to adjust, like the arms and legs. Here's an ortho view and more angles.

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Proportions:
    -tibial tuberisoty should be around 6th head mark ->knee have to move up
    -arms are too short as jose mention above -> if you swing his arm tip of the fingers should hit mid thigh and wrist around greater trochanter/pubic symphysis mark , also forearm + hand is around 2 heads for your proportion
    Extra :
    -add tibialis anterior /fill concavity above the knee / in front view add high point of greater trochante/tensor fascia lata /rectus abdominis have to connect to bone so it dip inside / in side view whole torso is straight line you should break that /his butt is kind of small probably because of shallow lumber curve/ emphasize lumbar curve /his back muscle doesn't connect to the humerus