Home Marmoset

Marmoset viewer on Artstation

guitarguy00
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
guitarguy00 polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys, just wanted to know if there was any way to bypass the memory limit Artstation has on the Marmoset viewer? Is there anyway to bypass this by say uploading the viewer file somewhere else and linking it? Or is Sketchfab the only other alternative because some of my normal maps alone are 45MB! Thanks heaps in advance!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can upload Marmoset Viewer files directly to a web server that you own, IE: your own domain, without file size restrictions.

ArtStation's Pro membership includes support for up to 50mb Viewer files as well. It's important to note that the content is compressed when exporting to Viewer, so a 45MB normal map will likely be smaller when exported to Viewer.

Lastly, the 3.04 beta (which you can find here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ToolbagUserGroup/) includes some updates for Viewer including animation support and slightly smaller JPEG and considerable smaller PNG exporting. PNGs are used when the lossless normal map option is enabled.

• guitarguy00
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    guitarguy00 polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks Joe, very cool. I actually happen to have a Pro account so I might be in luck depending on how much compression occurs. I'm using the beta at the moment, it is awesome.