Home Career & Education

Any good jobs to apply for in the meantime while developing my portfolio?

kginsey
null
Offline / Send Message
kginsey null
Hello,

Was just curious what your guys recommendations were on jobs to make some money while working on my portfolio. Is there any entry level position in the industry that might offer some sort of experience or networking opportunity that could be useful later on when I'm ready to apply for a 3D art position at a studio?

I've read a few posts about QA stuff, and while I understand it's not at all any direct way of moving up in the company towards a dev position I figure it can't hurt to at least be part of a studio in a small way such as that, rather than take a job in retail, food service, etc. Are there any other positions that I'm not thinking of that could be a way to be involved with a studio? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    If your portfolio isn't pro-level yet, why don't you apply at some studios for some admin work? Great way to make contacts and the like. Otherwise, I'd suggest hitting up a recruitment agency and getting part-time / short contract work, which will give you time to work on your portfolio a lot more than a regular full time job.