Home General Discussion

Is this Idea can be Done??

rogerkong
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
rogerkong null
Hi guys, my team and i are planning on creating an online 3D mall app on a mobile phone and we are using unity to do this project.By the way, we can buy realtime products in the 3D mall, such as clothes, pants, and others.It something like Lazada website but in 3D. Do you guys think that this idea can be done? because right now i'm facing issues like such as device limitation. the current version tends to lag as more users join the server even though capped at 100 users on the server, only about 40 users can join before the server crashes. the phone specification is also another problem as it requires at least 3GB ram to run on the mobile and also the apk file is huge due to the item database. please advice your thoughts on this, maybe give me a new approach to this matter. thank you in advance

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I think it can be done, but it's a horrible idea. Why would people want to do online shopping in a digital mall, defeats the purpose of online shopping. 
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    well you certainly don't want your item database in the apk ... could you imagine having to update the app every time there's a new item to list or one to de-list? The fact that you said that suggests you don't yet have much of a plan for your backend and how to handle the retail side. Get that first.