Home Career & Education

Useful Books for increasing the workflow in 3D modeling?

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
MediumSolid polycounter lvl 8
Hi, people of polycount, I have a question for you! What would from your experience be the most comprehensive books about philosophy and technicality of 3D modeling, its nomenclature and topology that have effectively improved your understanding of everything 3D related and thus speed your modeling pre-planing and improved by large margin the end-product quality? It wold be nice if the books knowledge would be applicable in both organic, hard-surface and hybrid modeling categories. However, It's important to note that I'm not talking about books that deal specifically with generic 3D modeling process and tools in one specific software, those are pretty bland and not usefull for an experienced such as myself. I'm actually talking about books that have touched various serious subjects such as math, theory of shapes, polygonal geometry and topology flow as well as other 3D related technicalities. It's probably hard to understand what I really want and it's more than likely that one single book can't contain all of this, but surely there has to be a book of 800 pages written in volumes that pretty much covers everything that I have mentioned so far, no?

I guess it would be important to say that I have more or less grasped the entirety of 3D modeling tools and process in software that I use, which would be Blender, and also that I have a reasonably well established 3D modeling skills. Yet, I still can't help to feel that there is more knowledge to attain somewhere out there(internet) for advancement of my 3D modeling skills and understanding shapes in general. So I hope some of you industry and independent professionals could help me in search for those "magical" books that expand knowledge of a 3D modeler and sculptor.

I don't blame you one bit If this rambling was all too confusing for some of you and not coherent enough, this personally wouldn't surprise me given how I have difficulties in expressing myself with words and even having trouble in knowing what I really want.

Replies