Home Technical Talk

I need help with this problem texturing mesh object - 2 Objects 1 texture

shane3498
null
Hello! I am new to texturing and trying to make a 3d character model, one with a tail and has no butt section, and one without the tail and has the butt section. It is the exact same model but the butt section duplicated and extruded a tail part from that. I want them to share the same UVmap which I can make and do, but the problem is, how do I texture both models using the same UVmap and no seams? I can texture it without the tail just fine , but how do i ALSO texture the tail at the same time? Sure I can go back and select the tailed model and texture that one afterwards, but then the seams will not match the colors at where I duped the outline and extruded the tail, if that makes sense.

I just wanted to use the exact same texture on both models without having to make 2 separate textures, but IDK how to do it. I seen other people do it so I know it is possible. I need help on blending the 2 sections together so I can use the same exact texture on both models, one with the tail and the other without the tail.

FYI - This is a special object for a very limited game engine, this is why I have to make it like this or else I wouldn't be making it this way. If you need example of what I mean, I can post screenshots.

Replies