Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

dhampir monk (dungeons and dragons)

Minsc
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Minsc polycounter lvl 6
Hi, 

I started a 3d sculpt of a character I am playing in a tabletop roleplay game, please give me critics to improve the anatomy ect of the character

Capture.PNG

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    1) Use IMGUR to post images INTO the thread instead of a link to the image, named from the Windows Snipping tool.

2) Use Zbrush to capture the whole document window in the Document window.  Your image is supeer low res.

3) What are you using for ana anatomy reference?  Your anatomy is off at an initial read, but I can't tell if you're trying to reference something specifically.
  • Freemouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Freemouse polycounter lvl 4
    Like @Brian "Panda" Choi said. Do you have a concept ? What references do you use ? You need to look at a lot of references when you sculpt. Anatomy can be tough to understand and you'll make mistakes (everyone does) but the more you'll look at references the more you'll understand how it works. The hands are off, look at your own hands, your fingers are not supposed to be the same lenght for example. Starting a whole character when you're not used to it can be overwhelming, you could maybe try to train yourself by studying/sculpting only body parts ? Hang in there :)