Home Adobe Substance

Designer stops reprocessing graphs when I make edits to functions.

poopipe
grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
poopipe grand marshal polycounter
I'm on 2017.2.1 (I think)

I've found that when editing functions - even actions as simple as changing the value of a constant - designer will simply stop processing certain (sometimes all) nodes.  
Function complexity doesnt seem to be the issue (I've seen it when doing something as simple as multiplying an input parameter)

The only fix is to shut down designer, manually kill the task it leaves lying around and restart. Saves etc seem to carry through so no work gets lost but its a right pain in the backssid.

Updating is a big deal given the position we're at in a project so before I commit any time to testing, im wondering if anyone has had similar issues and whether updating solved them or not..

The machines in use are all big fast intel/nvidia boxes so its not a hardware issue 
Ta

Replies

• luc_cham
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luc_cham null
    Hi Poopipe,

Can you send me the graph causing the issue so I can investigate about it ? 
    We tried several setup but didn't find a way to reproduce this kind of misbehavior.

Thank you for your time.

Luc Chamerlat - Q.A Analyst at Allegorithmic 
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the reply

There really isn't a pattern to it so i couldn't pick an example for reliable reproduction.
    I was really just curious  as to whether it was a known issue or not. 

I'll commence testing on the most recent release next week.  If that resolves it then all is well, if not ill try to isolate the issue in a non-sensitive graph and contact support.

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I sent something in to support but for the sake of the thread ..

Dividing 1 by $number in an fx-map function (Eg. In pattern offset)  seems to be a reliable way to provoke the issue - this is on the current version  (.5?)