Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Armoured Car (Feedback welcomed)

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Tosmo polycounter lvl 3
Greetings
This my first time posting anything in the 3d art category here, I would love to get some feedback to help me improve. I had originally started this as a project for the 2017 HUM3d car render challenge, it was my first time trying any sort of vehicle modeling and the result was amateur at best but I learned a lot. I decided to revisit the project after reading Karol Miklas's 80 level article

For my workflow, I modeled everything in Blender and textured in Substance Painter.  A lot of the large detail was created using the Hard-ops addon in Blender which I used for the high-poly mesh creation, while most of the small-scale detail was painted in Substance. There are 5 materials in total: exterior, interior, tires, underside, and an engine (which was left out of the Sketchfab upload). 

I am a novice at this, but here are some things I noticed with my model that I could use help figuring out. There are some odd tangent warps in some areas of my textures. I already checked to make sure I had no UV stretching or doubled up vertices that need cleaning up. Also, some of these are barely noticeable in one software and then more apparent in another (going between Blender, Substance, Marmoset, and Sketchfab). 

I would also appreciate any feedback in regards to how I can make my work more suitable for game engine use.

TL;DR here's my vehicle, please critique, Thanks
model