Home Freelance Job Postings

Looking for some help

Lab_Collie
null
Hi Guys, I'm on with a project for myself at the moment and would like to ask a few questions if thats ok

My hobby is robotic combat (robot wars/battlebots) im a engineer/machinist and can create nice mechanical machines but i would like to turn it up a notch to get on some TV shows to inspire more people into engineering, my main goal is to create a triceratops dinosaur with a hydraulic crushing mouth and also looks really good, my robots are nice inside but i don't really have a artistic side to make the outside look good, i have CNC machines so i'm looking to create a 3d model which i can import into inventor to create the machine toolpaths of a evil looking triceratops shell and head which will go over my mechanics

Is they a program best suited to this?
Is they anyone willing to help me?, I would pay

Thanks
Andy

Replies

• Skinner3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D polycounter lvl 5
    I don't think there is a 'best' tool. I think most of the software that we on this site work with, would give you the end results you are looking for. 
    Whether or not anybody will take you up on this I don't know. I do however know that if you provide something of what your robot looks like and something of a direction to start in, it might get more consideration.
    You said you aren't artistic. Try looking up robots and triceratops images and smashing them together in your favorite editing program. Even Frankenstein image is easier to work from then try to match imagination wavelengths.
    There are free CAD tools and free 3D modeling tools out there that would get the job done if you have the patience to learn them. Otherwise, someone here might be able to help, but give them something to work with.