Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Spidey travel

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Arturow polycounter
Something that I wanted to do since Kiel released the Spiderman Rig with the web included :)

Work is pretty slow right now so I think I will have the time to work the friendly neighborhood

Here is the planning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2j5EM1Jv5c

Thanks for your time :)

Replies

• _adamturnbull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice man, looking forward to seeing more!
  • Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Hello guys :P of course as soon as I said work is slowing down I got punched with a lot of it haha, here is my blocking of the travel. Got 1 pose from the comics and the other one that is not very clear it's from the insomniac game :P I might mod the colors to math another outfit :O.

Blocking is very rough, having gimbal lock every 2 frames and IKs everywhere haha but if you want me to drop feedback or tips while I work in the next phases let me know :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VD8iRf1TOI

Here is syncsketch : https://syncsketch.com/sketch/7d9f7a2354ee/#346236

Also posting this will keep the pressure on me to finish it haha , thanks! :)

• KielFiggins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KielFiggins polycounter lvl 7
    Looking fun man! I'd say adding a bit more ground level environment to give the shot context.  Maybe he's getting out of the way of a sign/billboard/passing truck.  Having lamp posts go by could not only show the sense of of speed but also scale.

Keep it up!
  • Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    that sounds like a really fun idea! I didn't even think of putting some more models xdd but I will get those lamps and truck :D thanks Kiel!
  • _adamturnbull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good! One thing I noticed is how and where you use stretch. Currently he looks like Mr Fantastic or Dhalsim as his arm stretches to an unnatural length when firing the web towards the end of the clip, whereas I'd use stretch more after he has already fired and is being pulled towards the building to emphasize the speed and is more of a smear.

It looks great in some places but too unnatural in others so just be aware of when and why you are stretching his body.
  • Green_Cheek_Conure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Green_Cheek_Conure polycounter lvl 2
    Damn this is slick!

One thing I noticed is that your hang time around frame 60-70 is a bit oddly spaced. Kind of has an odd slow in and unnatural fast out.

What I REALLY love on this shot is your camera work. It feels so bouncy and alive following spiderman. And pushed the fun even more with that dramatic up shot when he really sends himself up the air!
  • Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Thanks guys!! this helps a lot!
    @_adamturnbull Thanks! yeah I think it looks more like mr fantastic :P! those parts I will need to do it key by frame since the IK is getting behind in the space
    @Green_Cheek_Conure Thanks!! I agree with that space , I will see how it looks with the correct poses and will adjust the time because yeah right now it feels like someone is hitting spiderman down lol , ill see if 4-5 frames help

Thanks again for your time! :D