Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Canon AT-1

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Temppe polycounter lvl 12
Hello. I've been lurking around here for a while. This is my first post. Let me start by introducing myself a bit. I've been modeling and texturing as a hobbyist for about 16 years, but only in the last 4 years have I really gotten serious about improving my work to a professional standard. I drifted towards doing high poly work but decided recently that I want to ultimately get into games. So I started this project. I haven't done anything for real time rendering since I did v-models for Quake as a teenager. Obviously things have changed a lot since then, so I may need guidance when it comes to modling and baking the low poly. If anyone wants to see some of my previous work, my Art Sation is https://www.artstation.com/temppe

This project is a small one, to familiarise myself with the process of high to low baking. It's my housemate's Canon AT-1 film camera. I have completed the top, back and bottom of the high poly.

I'm doing a few hours here and a few there between work and other commitments - so progress will be slow! Also, I intend to use Substance Painter to texture it when the time comes. I've never used Painter before, so again progress will be slow!

Replies