Home Adobe Substance

Circle Artifacts Formed when exporting .sbsar from Designer

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
CptAlbatross polycounter lvl 4
Hey polycount,

Been trying my hand at recreating the Knitted Wool texture from JROTools' "Substance Masters Vol 1" and I ran into a problem that I haven't been able to figure out. When working in Designer the shader appears as intended, with no visual glitches or artifacts. 

However whenever I import the sbsar file into Marmoset or Unreal, the shader displays a circle displacement artifact across all the maps and fails to load at 512 resolution or lower. The exporting maps from designer does not recreate the problem though.

(Left) Substance Designer Archive file. (Right) Exported Maps.

So does anyone know what this could be? The distortion doesn't appear to be a pattern, so I don't think it's being generated by the Tile Sampler node or anything behind it. I'd like to think it's caused by one of the final blends, except that the distortion is consistently projected on all the outputs in Marmoset and Unreal. The only other program that reads the file correctly is Substance Player, so could this just be an incompatibility issue with the Substance Plugin in Marmoset and Unreal?

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Change the engine in Substance Designer to SSE2 (CPU) instead of DirectX (GPU), this could explain the differences since our integrations use the CPU engine. You can change the engine by going into Tools > Switch Engine.
  • horrorente
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    horrorente polycounter lvl 5
    I do have the same issue. There is defenitely something broken when using the pearlin noise + warp. Bluring the perlin noise fixes the issue for me though and it appears only when using the SSE2 Engine (or in Unreal/Marmoset)