Home Career & Education

How do you deal with dust around your desk and cables?

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Justo polycounter
How do you keep stuff clean? It's too difficult to get to with a big broom when you have lots of heavy cables, and if there's a smart way of going about it other than cleaning it with a wet cloth constantly, I'm all ears. 

I was thinking of getting a handheld vacuum for this, the dirt devil scorpion: https://goo.gl/J1SmNB It's just so cheap!

Do you use handheld vacuums for this task? I'm not at all against the idea of turning this thread into a favourite vacuum cleaners for work...

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Oh man, I have a major issue with this. I've got a laptop, Cintique, monitors, sound card, midi controller, lamp, etc, and the dust builds up. I'm looking to get a handheld vacuum, but in the meantime paper towel with a little bit of water does the trick.
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Call mum to clean the mess up...heh!

Of course I'm funning y'all, so yep dust is the bane of most tech heads but I've picked up a tip when doing an annual spring clean of my system's innards by using compressed air in a aerosol can, practically works wonders on the PCB boards when you don't want to touch or inadvertently damage delicate circuitry and for all other areas a damp cloth I find really comes in handy.