Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

"Adventurer Spear Practice" - WIP

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
BradleyMAdams polycounter lvl 3

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/61949a0d2e3d/#321337 - with static camera

Worked on this over the weekend, need to add some facial detail and then look into extending the animation to show more secondary motion.

Replies

• LiamReynolds
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LiamReynolds polycounter lvl 3
    That jiggle is ace! as its a 2handed staff and the motion is all about the movement. I would focus on the hand grips of the staff. The fingers could be posed more realistically rather than just a cupping pose. I would also try get stronger lines in the arms with the staff.

The first strike pose the arms could be more straight with the shoulders/clavicles higher. The left (under arm) could have his hand placed under the staff so you get rid of that broken wrist pose. The right arm could be higher to give a more right-angle looking pose.

The last hit pose your wrists/arms look hyper extended and broken and could use some refining. Dont be afraid to slide the hands around the staff, you do it in real life they don't stay static.

I guess look at shaolin-staff monks for their hand/arm

• deanimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The jiggle really does add to the appeal of the actions and the final poses give a good sense of strength. The main problem I have is the character starting out facing the audience. Is it an attack or dance? I'm not really sure. Maybe you could explain your aim with the animation? Also i feel the first pose isn't as dynamic as your later ones.  
    This pose is by no means perfect but i think that the perpendicular nature of your characters legs and the staff is unnatural.
    (Ignore the back hand I just think its a cool idea for him to be really pushing the staff though something)
    I would like to hear your thoughts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foaUrqvOTpw
    Also if you want more cool staff poses this video is awesome