Home Technical Talk

Student needing Help with Maya inview editor and extrude problems please.

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Toafaloaf polycounter lvl 6
Hi I am a Student new to Maya and just have a couple questions I could not find answers for.  I seemed to have lost my in view editor. It is checked in heads up display but does not pop up when I use a tool. I have also lost my little blue axis. I looked through the preferences and can not figure out what to change. They used to open like the ones below but now nothing opens.

When I select my faces and hit extrude everything disappears and I have to select the scale tool. I do this by hot key but is it not just supposed to pop up right away? Also I can not find the keep faces together option anymore I have looked online and it shows it in the modelling toolkit but it is not in my list. I think If the in-view editor would pop up then that would be there too in the extrude options maybe? 
See the blue axis circle symbol is gone and extruding by face is not working and not in the menu in the right. I am trying to scale them all on the surface individually so I have 5 equal squares to extrude upward. I am not getting the right axis I suppose or is it just the keep faces together that's the problem? I don't usually even use the modelling toolkit so hoping to get the in-view editor popping up again. Thanks for any help. :)

Replies