Home Marmoset

Export Normal Map from Toolbag

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
zachagreg ngon master
Is it at all possible to export just the normal map from MT3? I'm probably just missing a setting or some such thing but I am having no luck in doing so.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Export as in save the map from the baker? If so, press bake and that will save all active maps to disk.

If you want to export a map from the scene, well, maps aren't saved in the scene, they're saved on your hard drive. You can press the little pencil button next to the map to open the file.
  • zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    Thank you very much, I knew it was something I was missing. 
  • zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    So apparently something is going on deeper than my blissful ignorance. When I press the pencil icon in order to edit, the psd just never opens. I have tried it with both photoshop open and closed, both with a current file and without one. I have no idea what's going on. As far as I know my computer is setup to default to photoshop for psd files but it just refuses to open. Nothing begins to load or anything like that when clicking the pencil. Any thoughts?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg said:
    So apparently something is going on deeper than my blissful ignorance. When I press the pencil icon in order to edit, the psd just never opens. I have tried it with both photoshop open and closed, both with a current file and without one. I have no idea what's going on. As far as I know my computer is setup to default to photoshop for psd files but it just refuses to open. Nothing begins to load or anything like that when clicking the pencil. Any thoughts?
    If you check the console (ctrl+~) does it give you an error?

It would be helpful to know more information about what you're trying to do as well, as it isn't particularly clear from your first message or following responses. Are you trying to bake maps? Extract content from an existing scene? Something else?
  • zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    I figured it out. I was trying to bake out the normal and AO maps so I could use them later on in substance painter. When I was attempting to open the maps using the pencil nothing was appearing in photoshop even though I had the .psd baked out. The only thing I didn't have was the file path assigned where the maps would go. I assume they were just being saved to a temp folder which is why I could not open them. Assigning the path allowed for the maps to be opened. Thanks again for your assistance though.