Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Personal Work in progress on Resume?

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Hurtcules polycounter lvl 8
Hey everyone, 

I'm in a odd place right now where I'm trying to clean up my work and portfolio, redo my resume and add in some new content and revise some older stuff, but I was recently considered for a junior environment artist position and I need to send in my updated resume. 

I'm in the middle of my content revision and I would like to show off my current work with my older work, or at least mention it, but I'm not sure if I should include it. It's personal work not professional work so it just seems like it would be odd. 

Also if you want throw some crits at my website as a bonus that would be cool, I actually think right now it doesn't focus my work correctly and there is old work that I want to cut. There are also flaws in the composition and lighting with some the shots that I'm going try to fix today, which I've been meaning to get to, but other work took focus first.

http://www.frankrell.com/

Replies

• Hurtcules
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hurtcules polycounter lvl 8
    Decided against it, but this is what I have

• Tectonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tectonic polycounter lvl 10
    definitely take your older props out of your ART section, I don't think they're doing you any favours.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Just specifically regarding the website design:

The first thought that comes to mind is while simple in elements, there's a lot of dead space.  Headers, empty lines.  Right now my preference has been to minimize the number of words on screen as possible, and get allt he presented art crammed into one space as much as possible tastefully.  You could do well to remove a lot of the dividers, written paragraphs, and space to make sure that 3+ pieces of art show up at least when I open your website.