Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Immortal

TinhTD
null
Offline / Send Message
TinhTD null
Hey everybody,
My entry for Riot's Creative Contest 2017 will be a multiple champions illustration, titled "Immortal."

This is the final submission, scroll down for progress.

Here's the initial composition:
The concept for my illustration is based on achieving immortality in the face of eternal oblivion. I have Sion trying for the literal definition by extending his own life for eternity. He enters a berserk frenzy to rip the life out of others, letting out a thunderous roar in triumph. On the other hand I have Vi believing in a figurative immortality obtained through the legends of her actions. Although beaten and battered she refuses to keel over so easily and gathers herself to rise up again. I chose Vi for this role because i see her design as a reflection of someone who perseveres against insurmountable  odds. Although not as physically imposing as others that rely on brute force, she fearlessly faces this challenge with her gauntlets. I'll leave the rest of the fun to everyone else for now.

Also i know my composition painting is quite detailed but the reason being is that i realized I'm quite short on time. So i worked on some of the more fun parts simultaneously in my downtime while developing the composition to maximize the time i have.

Replies