Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Liquor Store

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
ILYHugh polycounter lvl 9
Starting the New Year's right! With a new Work in Progress Thread. 

I'm going to try my hands at more cinematic lighting, and with it one of my most favorite places in my hometown.

This is my WIP of it, rough lighting, rough layout and a basic scale so far!  :D 

I'm cross posting this on my Artstation Blog as well!

Replies

• ILYHugh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small Update! 

I started adding in more blockout meshes into the scene. I also added in a simple Night Sky HDR well. 

It not noticeable from this angle but I also added my first asset into the scene;

One of those old outdoor Ice Machines. I also pulled my angle back to get more of a 3/4 view of the store. I think my next step is to hop into Substance and start making some tileable materials.  :# 

I also can't wait to get the car that I have blocked out finished! I haven't modeled a car in years!
  • ILYHugh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *****SATURDAY UPDATE*****

Adjusted my lighting a bit more, though my Asphalt is coming out a tad bit dark, I would just need to adjust my lights a bit more. I also add the start of the Store Front. 

Here are just some renders of my Asphalt Substance. They all come from the same SD Generator that I brought into UE4. I also have add the feature to create patches and potholes for Decal materials. From there I just add the some vertex paint to my plane and I have control of my flooring.

For now I have it as Average Asphalt, Aged and Wet Asphalt.  But I plan to possibly add one more variant.

• ILYHugh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey All, 

After about a few weeks I'm finally posting an update.

Sorry that it's taken a while to update. Since starting my new job, I have been adjusting to a new work and sleep schedule as well as the fact that I just didn't have the creative energy to work on anything outside of work. But that has since changed! I've also adjusted the scope on what I will be doing with this project. For now I will try to post an update atleast once a week for now!

• ILYHugh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • ILYHugh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • ILYHugh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey All, 

Back at it again!

Added some new details, updated the lighting. Before when I said I was going to update the scale. I decided to start on blocking out the interior of the store as well. I finally set up the Base materials for the payphone!

I wanted to mess with some new features I haven't used before so I added a cable actor for the Phone cord.

Here are some more shots of the storefront:

• ILYHugh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New update!

Some Post settings and FX updates, added some blocked out neon lights in the windows. I also took some old assets from my old Alleyway environment. I also re-textured them to a more accurate result. I also added some more assets as well as updated the new interior a bit more.

**A PROGRESS GIF SO FAR**

**ADDITIONAL SHOTS**