Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Desert Dancer Akali

FrancoDraws
vertex
Offline / Send Message
FrancoDraws vertex
Hi there! Super newbie aspiring concept artist  Franco here. First time submitting in a Riot contest.  I don't expect to win anything, but I would really love some feedback on how I can improve as a concept artist and illustrator.  Please leave some comments for me, I would really appreciate it!

Now lets talk about my concept.  My absolute favorite champion in LoL is Akali.  I spent a lot of time looking at her aesthetic and I can't help but look at her face mask.  This reminded me of arabian dancers and the story of Arabian Nights.  I wanted to make a skin for Akali that really makes her look like an assassin that uses dance as a means to get close to her target.  

Here is the mood map I made to get inspiration for this project:

and here I made a few rough drafts on what she might look like.  What do you guys think?  Anything in particular stands out to you?

once again thanks for taking your time to check this project out.  I hope you leave some feedback!  

Replies