Home Freelance Job Postings

(PAID) Cavern 3d models

Crawler
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Crawler vertex
Hi I'm looking for someone to make some modular Cavern module for my game in unity
-Low poly textured 
-5 Modules 
- 40$+/- for the job 
thanks

Replies

• LimitedSlipStudios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LimitedSlipStudios polycounter lvl 4
    you'll spend at least that much buying modular kits in the unity marketplace. I suggest go there

or if you need a custom modular set, be willing to pay $40/hour for the 2-4 weeks of work this will take. 
  • Crawler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crawler vertex
    good point however I already bought all assets, right now I need some custom room only
  • Navigator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Navigator polycounter lvl 6
    $40 For 5 modular cave sections is ridiculous. Most of the artists here are professional or can do professional quality work. You should buy a pack or look for a student or someone who does not mind working for nothing.
  • Crawler
  • Crawler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crawler vertex
    Following this tutorial it take 30 mins and you have 5 modules 
    you just dont have any knowledge.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PYi3kc3Qi4&t=48s
  • Crawler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crawler vertex
    go ahead and ask 50$ per module you dip shit

• LimitedSlipStudios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

@Crawler

the reality here is that, yes you can "rough out" modules like in the video sample you provided. they are usable, but these are not complete. 

but for crafted, optimized and articulated level components, it will take at least a week to finesse these (and possibly more) and another 1-2 weeks for adjust and polish. 

i don't know your background, because unlike me, you choose to remain anonymous- you can look me up on linkedin and other social medias.  but I have nearly 20 years in game development creating and implementing art.  And it gets tiresome when anonymous people continue to ask for professional levels of support at unrealistic expectations of time, cost and effort; usually these are  people who do not understand art pipelines.  They undervalue art and offer pay equivalent to working at mcdonald's. 

so to recap:

offering a couple hours wages for days of actual work, and then calling someone a dipshit, is going to alienate you from this community. 

• Eric Huang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eric Huang polycounter lvl 8
    Hey Crawler, I think you have all right to offer any price at any time, people just have their own opnion on your job offer, since $40 for 5 modules is actual an insult to all artists here, however you just called someone who has a different opnion a dip shit, this will make you sounds like an asshole, all the best to hire someone who will do the job for $40, good luck
  • Crispala
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crispala vertex
    Someone delete this idiot's account! He's insulting everyone here with the offer and with the "dip shit".. a moderator should get involved here ban him from the community.. he is toxic!
  • LimitedSlipStudios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

@Crispala

Saying 'dipshit' is a far cry from "Toxic"; lets not over react here.  That is the problem these days, someone throws a mild insult and everyone runs for the moderator gun. 

As for the budget/offer- though it may be unrealistic in most circles, they are within every right to ask any price- and to be honest, this is how they will learn the old adage: "you get what you pay for". 

• Crispala
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crispala vertex
    @LimitedSlipStudios

It's not about the insult.. fuck the insult.. it's about his attitude towards the community. It's one thing to want to underpay, but don't start questioning and insulting people when they try to reason with you.. In my opinion he's toxic..
  • ken0y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ken0y polycounter lvl 7
    $40 doesn't even cover the cost of coffee consumed for 1 day :disappointed:
  • LimitedSlipStudios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hear you

but I'm actually ok with his response so far- in reading his posts i'm of the opinion he is more inexperienced than argumentative. 

and as a community, and an industry, I feel this is another opportunity to inform and offer guidance - the hope being they will gain valuable insight into the topic. the end result? a better client / vendor relationship going forward. 

let's be THAT kind of community. 
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The OP has received a warning for not following forum rules, specifically Respect Your Fellow Artists.

They've subsequently cleared out all the text in all their topics, which is rather rude. We'll just close that account then. :D

I do want to take this opportunity to note that, while this fee is way too low for the Western world, it is competitive in other markets. It would be good to remember the web is a world-wide communication medium. Different strokes for different folks. If you don't like someone's asking price, then simply ignore them.
  • Navigator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Navigator polycounter lvl 6
    I am the one who he said that to and I do not take offense. As far as knowledge I think 13 years in the industry, 4 studios and multiple freelance contracts contradicts the whole "You just don't have any knowledge" comment. Also if you expect me to follow a tutorial why cant you just do the same thing? If it is so easy to model and create artwork then to me you should be able to do that yourself... I guess the lack of knowledge is on your end and not mine. @ Eric Chadwick... I respect all of my fellow artists... I am sure this guy isnt one
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Closed.

Read the rules folks. This is Not the place for debate.

If you want to discuss this topic, make a thread in Career and Education.
This discussion has been closed.