Hello people and welcome to my first post on Polycount
I have started making scene in UE. To be honest I don't know when I will be able to complete this project, but I will COMPLETE it and I will be trying to work and post as often as possible.WHAT I WANT TO ACHIEVE:
a) CONFIDENCE BOOST
- Remaking one of my old paintings into 3D and comleting scene only with custom made resources #egostroking
- Having at least one work for portfolio (as I want to become game environment artist).
- If this scene will not be good enough for portfolio, at least complete one scene and learn as much as I possibly can
- Being more visible on the Internet (more views = more feedback = knowing what sucks = getting better at what sucks = better skill = more views, repeat
- Learn how to create natural looking scenery.
- Learn how to create custom folliage assets from scratch (photos only as references)
- Get comfortable creating larger amount of assets than I am used to.
- Get comfortable with making procedural textures in Substance Designer.
- Practice sculpting, modeling, UV mapping, texturing, manual retopology, lighting, scene composing, planning and FOLLOWING REFERENCE
(simply I want to get better)c) FEEDBACK
- I want to get as much objective feedback as possible to ramp up my skills before I leave school (still have 1 and half of year). LATEST SCREEN: