Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Incinerator Ornn

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
lucak polycounter lvl 5

Latest update.

Hi everyone, I'm late as usual but I have been waiting for this contest for a while (2014 tbh) so I couldn't miss it!

I had no idea what champion to pick because I don't play league but I did some ideas for others and then decided to go with ornn with a sort of steampunk / mechanical skin, basically he is a robot version of ornn that heats up up his engine, on his left harm he has fire laser like those used to melt metal whatever it's called (that's what he uses to forge gear)

These are just some ideas I drew, I can't find much reference for this so I didn't include a reference sheet
Hopefully I can spend more time on the concept and idea instead of rushing to sculpt it the first day (like every single time damn it)

Replies

• lucak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    Updates on the concept, it's turning more to the mecha side now but I'm still trying to use less scifi elements and more steampunk style of mecha.

• lucak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    Update!
    I'm exploring more ideas, first I want to make him look more like a goat and like the original so I changed the face and the feet, also I will probably add a goat symbol on the body but in 3d I don't have a lot figured out yet
    This is my first time doing hard surface design so I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out 

• lucak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    Update, still in the concept, I think the last one was looking cool on its own, but not cool for ornn at all, so I removed the drill, and made it less mecha, he is now a forger made of lava, but all of his body is covered in armor, exept for his left arm.

Looks more like orn now right?
    theres still a lot of work to do with proportions and design, the left hard needs to be more flashy I think  and the silhouette needs to read better as horn (from the top view mostly)
  • lucak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    I'm working on the sculpt now, but I'm noticing the design is bad at the current state so I won't refine anything too much, and I might just trash it and start over :v 

• lucak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    Update on the sculpt.
    I'm going to paint over it and make final color concepts then retouch it again.

• lucak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    Update, Trying to paint a final ingame concept before I go into retopo.

• lucak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    I have been messing around with texturing now, I made a very shitty one in the beginning and now I'm fixing it over and over until its fkin dope!

(ignore the scale its just the background of 3dcoat)

Critiques are very appreciated! I need all the opinions I can because my eyes are blind most of the times :v 

• lucak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    Update! I redid it from scratch basically and reverted back to the original gold colors  :

• lucak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    It's almost finished
    I only have to pose it now and fix a thing or two.

• chemotoledo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chemotoledo sublime tool
    Pretty nice model and texture @lucak I like the color palette that you use and that hammer texture is so great :smiley:  Nice work so far man!!
    I'll look forward to watch this character!!
  • lucak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    Pretty nice model and texture @lucak I like the color palette that you use and that hammer texture is so great :smiley:  Nice work so far man!!
    I'll look forward to watch this character!!
    Thanks Ancelmo! I just saw your ekko is now textured, so pretty!!!
  • lucak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    Here are the final presentations I already sent them in, hope you like it I worked super hard to make it and I learned a lot this time because I actually fixed most of my process mistakes